Are You Addicted to Cocaine?
Is addiction interfering with your life? Determining whether addiction may or may not be present in your life is a tall order. We understand you are frightened, maybe even overwhelmed, but the first step to recovery is to admit that there is a problem and that you need help.
Answer the following questions to yourself truthfully. If you answer yes to 5 or more of these questions, you should consider seeking help for cocaine addiction. Even if you don’t answer yes to 5 or more questions, if you believe cocaine is interfering with your life, treatment can help you come to terms with the substance abuse and find ways to prevent the drug use from escalating into an addiction.
- Do you use cocaine whenever it is available despite the potential dangers or risks?
- Do you have trouble saying “no” to cocaine?
- Does it take more cocaine than it once did in order for you to feel the same high?
- When you stop using cocaine, do you experience anxiety, depression or fatigue associated with withdrawal? Know the signs of cocaine addiction!
- Have you been unable to quit using cocaine despite your best efforts to quit or despite promises made to others that you would quit?
- Have you ever considered treatment or talked with a professional about quitting?
- Do you neglect responsibilities (work, home, school or family related) because of cocaine?
- Have you lost your job or suffered other adverse consequences as a result of your cocaine use?
- Have you ever committed a crime while under the influence of cocaine?
- Have you been arrested for cocaine possession or for cocaine abuse?